End of the Year Survey 2015.


 
 
Number Of Books You Read: 121
Number of Re-Reads: 9
Genre You Read The Most From: YA



1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Damn, a hard question right away ! I’ve read so many good books this year that I loved, some new series that really surprised me, some older ones that I should have read sooner, and of course the ending of some series. But if I have to choose, I do think I would like to go for Winter, from Marissa Meyer. It was just such an awesome ending, like everything you’ve been waiting for. This is the perfect example of how you should finish a book, just amazing.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I was very excited about the new series from Amy Plum, After the End. I truly loved her Revenants series, it was so original and set in Paris ! So when this one came I picked it up quite early on. But I could not get through it, really had to push myself to finish.. The idea sounded good and cool, but it just didn’t work, or I could just not get connected. So I’m not going to bother with the others.


3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Let’s go for the bad one, because otherwise I don’t know how to choose ^^ I do think that Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson was my biggest disappointment of this year. The first one started really strong and I liked it, so I was excited about the second one. But the second and final one was just a REALLY BIG disappointment, it really surprised me that it was that bad. Like everything fell apart. 


4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Difficult !! I’m like a librarian to my friends and family, giving them new ideas for books and loaning them out. But the one that got the most feedback was The Wrath and the Dawn (by Renee Ahdieh) I think, they just went for it right after I finished it and recommended it.


5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
The Charley Davidson series from Darynda Jones, I’ve read through all 8 of them (so far) this year, could not get enough !!

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
If I look at my 2015 list and which author I’ve read most about it will be Jessica Sorensen. The speed of her publishing new books is just bizarre. And not just that, but the way she writes is very compassionate, I always know it will be full of feelings (from my side as well) !

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Even though it is still YA, it was not about anything supernatural or a romance novel. Not really that much out of my comfort zone, but the closest to it. AND it was my first audiobook.. which does comply with the “out my comfort zone”.


8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Unraveling You series from Jessica Sorensen. Once I started the first one I could not put it down, so exciting !! And not just the romance part (though it was really beautiful) but because of the mystery/action as well.


9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Heir by Kiera Cass. I’ve read it in July 2015, and the next part will be out early 2016.. but I don’t remember anything anymore from it !!! XD

 
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Unravel Me/Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, I loooove the eyes. So pretty.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Lilja/Nastasya from Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan. I found her such a strong person, she made such leaps forward in this series. She was so awesomely sarcastic as well, just great !


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi again, it was just woow.. It was not written the way you normally write a book, mainly because the main character is very chaotic and “crazy”. But it fitted perfectly with the character and the way she described things was just absolutely beautiful.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Missing You by Meg Cabot. It is the last one in the1-800-Where-R-You series, which was a very light and funny series. So over the top and action-packed, things just kept happening. But.. in the last part things have changed, she has been to war, seen thinks nobody should see, and did thinks nobody should do (let alone a teenager). So this last one is a bit more “depressing” and that really made me think. It was a much heavier read then the others, and the writer did that very good.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan. I’ve waited YEARS for this one to come out in the RIGHT COVER. But it NEVER did !!! I hate it so much when you buy the first books in a series in a certain cover, and then they just decide to not make that for the last one. How awful and mean is that !?!?! So I gave in and got the other cover.. * grumble*

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“And he leans in, so carefully. Breathing
and not breathing and hearts beating
between us and he’s so close, he’s so close and I can’t feel my legs anymore. I can’t feel my fingers or the cold or the emptiness of this room because all I feel is him, everywhere, filling everything and he whispers
“Please.”
He says “Please don’t shoot me for this.”
And he kisses me.
His lips are softer than anything I've ever known, soft like a first snowfall, like biting into cotton candy, like melting and floating and being weightless in water. It’s sweet, it’s
so effortlessly sweet.
And then it changes.
“Oh God—”
He kisses me again, this time stronger,
desperate, like he has to have me, like he’s dying to memorize the feel of my lips against his own. The taste of him is making me crazy; he’s all heat and desire and peppermint and I want more. I've just begun reeling him in, pulling him into me when he breaks away.
He’s breathing like he’s lost his mind and he’s looking at me like something has broken inside of him, like he’s woken up to find that
his nightmares were just that, that they never existed, that it was all just a bad dream that felt far too real but now he’s awake and he’s safe and everything is going to be okay and
I’m falling.
I’m falling apart and into his heart and I’m a disaster.”
-Taherah Mafie, Unravel Me


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Long live Goodreads with the “My Year in Books”. My shortest is Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs (which is a prequel to Cry Wolf) and the longest is Winter by Marissa Meyer with 824 pages !!

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The plot twist in the Georgina Kincaid series at the ending !! I know something was up.. because of her contract guy acting all weird and trying to off her, but I had no idea Seth was involved, that was so cool !!!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Shatter Me series AGAIN XD Juliette and Warner !!! OMG how beautiful they were together. Normally, when the main goes for someone I stick with that one (staying faithful and true and stuff).. but they were just so beautiful and perfect for each other I made a complete turnaround !!


19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sabina Kane and Giguhl !! From the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells. How I loved their friendship and loyalty. So funny sometimes and it had its ups and downs, but when push comes to shove they were there for each other.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Rules from Stacey Kade. I’ve read her “The Ghost and the Goth” series, and started the first one of this series.. which I should continue tbh.. but I forgot about.. But really great !

21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

My Life Next Door from Huntley Fitzpatrick. A friend of mine recommended it and I did not know the author yet.. Very good read !

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
I honestly have no idea.. I already have my perfect man at home ^^


23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh !!

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I’ve just finished this one and it was very vivid, lot of world building going on (see my review!!).

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The 1-800-Where-R-You series by Meg Cabot, it was so much fun !! The things she does just absurd !! It put a big smile on my face, and made me laugh.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Making Faces by Amy Harmon, mainly because of Bailey… I cried.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Shadow on the Moon by Zoe Marriott, never heard of it, just accidently came across it.. but it was a wonderful book, very different.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Making Faces again, Bailey.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I don’t know.. I’ve read a couple of more original books this year, but not really one that jumps out and is truly unique.. Maybe Fangirl ?? 


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin, I’ve had this book in my bookcase for ages and finally got to it.. only to really disappoint me. It got me mad that it had so much potential to turn into something good, but she just blew it. Hated the main ! (See my review)

 


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
The Book Geek.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Powerless from Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs. (See Review)

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I’m very happy to be getting some comments at all XD Mainly because of the Top Ten Tuesdays.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Top Ten Tuesdays hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
That I got into it more this year, and making it more active and getting my first comment !!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Started my fulltime job this year, I was afraid I did not have enough time to read.. turned out I’ve read more books this year than the previous ones haha. 


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Top Ten Tuesdays.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My reviews in general.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I already know all of them, really happy though the bookstore Donner in Rotterdam made a reappearance !!

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes I completed my Reading Challenge on Goodreads. I had it set on 75, which I completed in September.




1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas.. got it right away, but did not make time for it.Will be a priority !

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Very curious about her new series !!

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.


4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The sequel to The Wrath and the Dawn.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Get Followers !!!

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
 

Comments

Popular Posts