Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Best Books We Read in 2015


My first Top Ten Tuesday !!! I always check out the top ten’s from multiple other bloggers, but well.. why not do it myself as well ? 
 

So this week’s topic is the Top Ten Best Books We Read in 2015, quite the difficult choice for me, since I have read over a 100 books this year so far.. Of course, not all books were amazing, but I did read a lot of awesome books this year ! Not just new ones, but older ones as well. So I made my own mix, in no particular order. 

ONE.



1-800-Where-R-You series from Meg Cabot. I had SO MUCH FUN reading this series ! I know it’s a series that was published years ago, but I just enjoyed it so much ! The main character is so funny and the craziest things happen to her, it was just such a fun read.


TWO.



The Ruby Circle from Richelle Mead. This was the last one of the Bloodlines series, and it was really sad to say goodbye. The last couple of years I had an constant doses of the VA world Richelle Mead created, which continued with the Bloodlines series, and now that it is all over I really miss it !! I hope maybe she will write some more about this awesome world in the future.


THREE.



Unravel Me and Ignite Me from Tahereh Mafi. Damn I loved these books so much ! I read the first one a while back, but never got to the second part. So I picked it up and could not let it down. It was just such a strong and powerful series, just woow. So beautiful.


FOUR.



The Darkest Minds from Alexandra Bracken. It just blew me away, so good. I love how she managed to create a completely new world, it was so original. After finishing this book I got so sad that I needed to cuddle up with my boyfriend to recover for a bit. She made me feel that way, and that was very powerful, to have that effect as a writer on your readers.


FIVE.



Charley Davidson series from Darynda Jones. I’ve read the first book a while back, but never continued. (I have this problem with a lot of series) So I started a new resolution for myself, when I start a series, I will finish the stories (as far as possible) This series being the first one, and I managed to read through all 8 currently available books ! The main character is just awesome and the others as well, love the mysteries in it !


SIX.



The Fifth Wave from Rick Yancey. Also an unexpected awesome book !! I had it in my bookcase for a while, bought it in sale, but woow !! Did not imagine it was so cool, also it kept me guessing !!


SEVEN.



Cress and Winter from Marissa Meyer. Like I wrote earlier, I just loved The Lunar Chronicles soooo much ! This entire series is just amazing and perfect. I love the fairy-tale retellings and how everything comes together at the end !! One of my absolute favourites this year !!


EIGHT.



The Immortal Beloved series from Cate Tiernan. Due to bookcover problems I never read the last book so I started the whole series again this year, and I loved it very much. The main character grows so much during the story and I love a good witchcraft book. (Those are rare)


NINE.



The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Another fairy-tale retelling, only this one is about a completely different story. It captured me from the beginning, the world, the characters, the romance… It was just such a strong read !! Can’t wait for the second part !!!


TEN.



Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott. Just a random book I picked up, but was I blown away ! It was so exciting and thrilling !! I loved that the story took place in Japan, so original !! Beautiful standalone that was a big surprise !


Those are my Top Ten picks, what were your top reads of this year ? Share below in the comments !!!

Comments

  1. I've been dying to read the Charley Davidson series! It was recommended to me by someone I have similar taste with, and now seeing it here is making me want to read it even more, especially if it's got a great main character. And I too love urban fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love UF then Charley Davidson is a great recommendation, also.. have you read the Mercy Thompson series from Patricia Briggs ? Also a REALLY great UF series (in my opinion) is the Georgina Kincaid series from Richelle Mead, loved that one so much !!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts