REVIEW Vision in Silver.

TITLE. Vision in Silver
AUTHOR. Anne Bishop
PUBLISHER. Penguin Publishing Group
RELEASE DATE. March 2015
PAGES. 493
FORMAT. Paperback
GENRE. Urban Fantasy


SUMMARY.
The Others freed the cassandra sangue to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before—both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…


REVIEW.
This is the third book in The Others series, a series that I really fell in love with a couple of months back. It is such a fresh and new series, with a lot of action and anticipation, and likeable characters. I’m enjoying it very much and was very happy when I got my hands on the next one.

Typically me, because I read the first two books in paperback, I had to have and read this one in the same format. Maybe (okay probably) a bit silly, but I prefer it that way. So when it came in I wanted to start it right away.. only I had a problem.. The book came in disfigured ! Pages stuck out and it was damaged on the outside.. So I had to send it back and got myself later a new copy at a bookstore.
But then when I finally got a good one and started, life happened. I got married, my grandmother died suddenly, I got a house, and my mum is sick.. So between all of handling that, I had no time at all to actually READ. Which really sucked.. But now things are starting to settle down a bit and I have some time for reading again.

So after all of that, I FINALLY finished this book ! And no, it did not go slow because I had trouble reading it, but because of life. And I was so happy to read more about this world and its inhabitants.

The story continues with Meg and Simon and all the others at Lakeside Courtyard. This one starts with trouble for of the detectives, Monty. His little girl Lizzy suddenly stands before him without her mother. Who turns out, to have been murdered and Lizzy was there.. But why ? By who ? And what kind of secrets got her killed ? And why are they still after Lizzy ? While they get to know more and more about those questions the HFL movement is growing and growing and more trouble is starting between humans and the Others.
Meanwhile, Meg is trying to get more control over her abilities and how she can prevent unnecessary cuts. And not only that, but a lot of the Blood Prophets are having trouble adjusting outside of the facilities. Together with the Others and the human pack they try to formulate some sort of hand guide for them so they can start living.
At the end, the trouble with the HFL escalates, and it will have serious repercussions that we will no doubt get to know more about in the next book.

This book was so exciting once again.

I love how, like in the previous part, the world keeps getting bigger and we get to know more about places and people. How everything keeps developing and is never standing still. I love reading more about this world and its people.

Just like the world, the plot is getting bigger and we are nearing the BIG bad so to say. You feel it in the background the whole time, like something bad is about to happen, and every small thing can set it off. It keeps that kind of creepiness to it, that starting building in the previous books, but it is getting closer and closer. It gives me kind of an anxious feeling (but a good one).

Once again the romance is not really happening, and that is the only thing that I would like to have developed more. Yes, this is not a romance novel and not what the plot is about. But it is THERE between Meg and Simon and I wished they acknowledge it more and start doing something with it. Of course, more important stuff is happening.. but I miss it a bit.

FAVORITE Quotes.
“No one else has the right to decide if or when we cut our skin, but if we don’t learn to interpret the warning signs that tell us if we really need to cut, we can become the enslavers as well as the enslaved. We can become our own enemy.”
.
“Some of you have become like the Intuits – you’re considered not edible because you’ve made a bargain with the Terra Indigene that will benefit both sides.” He looked at Pete and let a hint of the Wolf show through the human form. “But most humans are clever meat. They are also predators that came to our land and keep trying to encroach on our territory. We won’t allow it. We never have. That’s something humans tend to forget.”
.
Vlad watched them go, relieved he didn’t have to make this decision o his own. A pack of human females and some Crows in a building full of things to buy. He sat back and sighed. “And humans think vampires are scary.”

FINAL THOUGHTS.
So yeah, I really liked this part and it keeps getting better. The story is not weakening, but only getting stronger and more appealing the deeper and farther it goes. So, I would like to give this one 4 Freyja’s, only the -1 because I’m starting to get annoyed about the lack of romance. She should do more with that !! But well, I’m very curious about the next part, and hope to start it soon ! 



Comments

Popular Posts