Top Ten TUESDAY. 22.03.16.

 
This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Life is back to somewhat normal this week. I’m back at work again, and things are starting to settle down a bit. At least I thought so.. But drama seems to follow me around the last weeks, and yesterday evening my mother had to be rushed to the hospital and she went into surgery last night. She has been sick for a while, but it started to get worse and worse till it escalated last night. But now I hope that the surgery has helped a lot and she can recover a bit.. I’ll visit her this afternoon.

But well, another Tuesday so that means another Top Ten. This week’s topic is Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I haven’t Talked About Enough/in a While. When I was looking for books that applied to that, I came to the conclusion that I have a lot of first books in a series that I thought were really great and enjoyed thoroughly, but never continued ! So, in this week’s meme I would like to talk about them, because even though I loved them, I never gave them a second glance to continue the story. Even though I really should re-read some and continue all them ^^ 

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Something different than I normally read, but very interesting ! I love watching detectives, but I never read them.. And this was, for me, a good mix of YA combined with mystery. It had some plot twists I did not expect, and I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it. Very curious about the next one.

 



Storm and Stone by Joss Stirling. It actually fits the one above with the mystery and something else than I normally read. Really liked this one, and I loved the characters. A bit of a Sherlock vibe as well.. Want to read the next one !
 
 

Vain by Amelie Fisher. At first I had my doubts about this one, it had a lot of good reviews but the story did not seem that special to me. But I wanted to give it a try, and I’m glad I did ! Oh how I loved this story. It really touched me and got me thinking. I love those kind of books, books that do not only entertain, but make you think deeper and about the world. Curious if the next one will be just as good.

 



 
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. I actually have the second one on my shelves at home.. But I haven’t had the chance to continue. Or well.. I just haven’t read it while I could have, but didn’t. Not because I did not like it, because I really did ! I found it very refreshing and taking a different spin to the whole zombie stuff. It was kind of scary and had a spooky vibe.. Need to continue.


 
 

 The Rules by Stacey Kade. I really liked this one !! Awesome main character and plot twists ! It’s about aliens and genetics in a different way and I would really want to continue this one ! 




Dark Star by Bethany Frenette. Superheroes !! Oh how I love books about that topic ^^ Even though this one was kind of predictable, I really liked it and how the world was shaped. Need to read more about this !

 

 
Wait for You by J. Lynn. I was really really really into this book. She kept the mystery in it until the end, making me want to read more about it. I wanted to know what happened to her, how she became who she is and how others ruined her. After I finished this one it took me some time to recover, but I really want to continue this series.

 



The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I really liked this book, it was different and great and very exciting. At the end I was quite upset and really needed a hug. Which my husband provided haha ^^ But I never continued !!

 


 
Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee. This book was just breath-taking. The world was shaped so gorgeously and story was full of surprises.. So much happened and I just loved it. But well.. never continued XD

 

 
Finding Sky by Joss Stirling. The series was really trending at a moment and my niece kept saying I should pick it up so I did. I really liked it, it was nice and sweet and full of surprises. I really liked the world and how it all connected.. but XD Never continued.. Do we see a trend here ? XD

 


So, these are my Top Ten picks, which series would you recommend I continue first ?
 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Great to hear, I hope you find some to your liking.
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Vain is on my list this week too. It is a beautiful story, but I never get to talk about it. I need to read more by J. Lynn. I love her paranormal books, but never pick up her contemporaries. Great list!

    Alexis @ Stay at Home Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I read Vain before I started this blog, so I never had the chance to. Love this topic :) Thanks for visiting !!

      Delete
  3. Alice in Zombieland!! I just love that whole series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ^^ I will start on it soon hopefully, and get the other ones too.

      Delete
  4. I've read Vain, and the other two books that are out in the series. Vain is still my favorite though. It was a very surprising book, I wasn't expecting to end up loving Sophie the way I did, or loving the book as much as I did. (Fury was kind of a disappointment for me. It wasn't as good as the first two books. But I hope Lust comes out soon, and I am very curious to find out who the book will be about.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the third one was not that great.. hopefully the next one will be better !!
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Wait for You. I almost put it on my list as well! That was my first Jennifer Armentrout book and I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has so many great books ! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  6. Nice list! Yes to The Darkest Minds, I love that series (it's on my TTT as well). I'm also very eager to read Gates of Thread and Stone because it seems like something I would love :)

    My TTT: http://www.lindseyh.be/2016/03/22/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-really-love-but-feel-like-i-havent-talked-about-in-a-while/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book.. like so many others haha XD Thanks for visiting !!

      Delete
  7. Nice picks for this week! I haven't read any of the books on your list... I'll have to expand my reading horizons!!

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/ten-books-i-really-love-but-feel-like-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers soon. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about your mmum. I hope she makes a speedy recovery!

    The Darkest Minds <3 I also started Alice in Zombieland ages ago, but had to put it on hold. I really need to finish it. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I want to continue that series.. So many choices !!

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear about your Mom!

    I really enjoyed Wait For You as well, and have The Darkest Minds on my TBR list...seen it on a few people's lists this week, so perhaps I need to move it up.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes you should !
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts