Friday 56 & Book Beginnings. 09.12.16.


Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice and Friday Book Beginnings by Rose City Reader.

Good morning everybody ! I'm so happy it is almost weekend !!And then one more week and then.. I have two weeks off !! Can't wait !! I have sooo many books I want to read around the holidays haha. And Christmas is in just two more weeks !! We already got ourself a nice little tree, almost ready to decorate the hell out of it !!

But first, today another book beginnings and Friday 56 ! I did not really know which book to choose for this week.. I'm currently in between books haha. Sometimes it gets so difficult to choose a new one, with sooo many great books to choose from. Do I pick one from my shelves, or start up on a nice ebook, should I read some NetGalley books? *Sigh*.. But well, I was so happy the other day when i received approval for this one on NetGalley, so I think it deserves this weeks meme. So without further ado..




FIRST Sentence.
"To survive these woods, a man has to be strong as the trees, Papa had said. The memory is a whisper compared to the attention my cramping stomach demands.
I try not to think of him or my trembling legs as I dust my boot prints from the path with a broken branch. Every starved scrap of me begs to stop and hunt here in the Ever Woods. Only the danger of getting caught propels me onward, boots stumbling over rocks and dirt."

56%.
"I'm nearly to the well when I see Cohen reaching for the two buckets Enat has pulled up. He starts toward me. "I thought you could use a hand."
"Oh?"
"So you can get to washing all that dirt and crust off." He repeats Enat's words witth a crooked smile. 
Right.
"You didn't have to," I mutter.
He doesn't respond as he passes, his scent, soap and woods, trailing behind. The strangest desire kicks through me to follow him, to draw a lungful of air and hold it.
I shake my head to clear and consider smacking myself.
Wait until Enat passes me.
Then wait another fifty breaths."

I hope to start on this one soon, because it looks very interesting ! What do you think?

Comments

  1. This does sound pretty interesting. Enjoy the book once you get to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I saw this on NetGalley but I'm trying to resist the temptation of ARCs for a while (once I get through the pile currently waiting for me, that is!). It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writing. So visual. I wish I had time to read all of the books that catch my attention.

    My Friday 56 from Grudging

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many awesome things about this book, though I remain undecided on whether I want to pick it up myself or not. I probably will, at some point in the future--those blurbs just sound so interesting and descriptive!

    Thank you so much for sharing! Here's my Friday 56, if you're interested in checking it out--no worries or pressure if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the near future...and happy Friday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm definitely curious! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WHEN ALL THE GIRLS HAVE GONE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very interesting! Here is my 56 and BB: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/book-beginnings-friday-566221150

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way the author draws me into the story in the opening. I'm curious about why the character is so frightened and what happens next, and I'd keep reading to find out.
    My Friday post features BEYOND THE ASHES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great read. I'm pulled in by the cover too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this - thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts